Monday, June 20, 2011

QUESTION: May a woman establish a church?

Bible Questions & Answers

If you have a specific question you would like to ask, send it to Dan Allen jd03325@gmail.com You must give your name and e-mail address.
When I answer your question I will not show your name or e-mail address when I post your question to this blog.
I will make every effort to answer your questions within 3 days.
Each answered question will include a Scripture reference for the question. I urge you to read all scriptures from your Bible accepting only what the Bible teaches.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
QUESTION: May a woman establish a church?
ANSWER: No! Christ established the church the way He wanted it a long time
ago on the day of Pentecost (Acts, chapter two). A woman may, however, teach
privately and encourage men and women to “congregate” for scriptural worship.
However, this does not mean that she can violate I Timothy 2:11-12; I
Corinthians 11:3; and I Corinthians 14:34-35 by preaching to men, overseeing, or
“running” the congregation!