Wednesday, June 1, 2011

QUESTION: What name is given to the church that Jesus built?

Bible Questions & Answers

If you have a specific question you would like to ask, send it to Dan Allen jd03325@gmail.com You must give your name and e-mail address.
When I answer your question I will not show your name or e-mail address when I post your question to this blog.
I will make every effort to answer your questions within 3 days.
Each answered question will include a Scripture reference for the question. I urge you to read all scriptures from your Bible accepting only what the Bible teaches.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
QUESTION: What name is given to the church that Jesus built?
ANSWER: Christ said in Matthew 16:18, “I will build my church.” Christ died for
the church (Ephesians 5:25)! Christ paid the purchase price of His blood for the
church (Acts 20:28)! Christ is said to be the husband; His church is the bride (II
Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:27). In I Corinthians 1:10-13, we learn that to call
ourselves after other than Christ is to cause sinful division, and in I Corinthians
3:3-4, we learn that those who do so are said to be carnal, or of the earth!
With the above passages in mind, we can now understand why the apostle Paul
would, by inspiration, refer to the various congregations of the Lord’s church as
“the churches of Christ” (Romans 16:16). We must do no less!